We are committed to continuously improving access to our goods and services by individuals with disabilities. This website is currently being updated to enhance the usability and experience for persons with disabilities. If you are unable to use any aspect of this website because of a disability, please call 617.423.6165 and we will provide you with prompt personalized assistance.
Your safety is our highest priority here at Osorio Dental Group. See what measures we are taking, and have been taking, in order to ensure your safety.
From Day 1, our commitment to your safety and health has been our top priority. We have always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) so that you feel as safe and comfortable as possible. For your and our staff’s protection, we have taken the necessary extra measures out of an abundance of caution to ensure everyone’s safety while you receive care.
You may notice the following changes the next time you visit our office:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you enter the office, your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Front desk staff will be wearing protective equipment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We advise that you limit your companions to the dental office only to those essential.
- Surfaces in the office will be disinfected frequently throughout the day and between patients.
- If you need to fill out paperwork and are unable to do so digitally, we suggest you bring your own pen to fill out the papers.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call us at (617) 423-6165, and we will be glad to provide further insight on our infection control procedures.
UPDATE: As changes occur from the CDC and the state level, we wanted to make patients aware of a few office changes.
- Masks are still a requirement for ALL entering a healthcare facility which includes our office. Regardless of vaccination status, the mask is mandatory. We ask for your understanding with adhering this rule.
- The Osorio Dental Group team is FULLY vaccinated.
- As of 5/1/2021, our office will no longer be collecting the $12 co-payment for PPE (Protective Personal Equipment). The staff will continue the use of adequate PPE gear to protect themselves and all patients. The office will continue to use air purifiers and hand sanitizers located all around the office.
- The office will continue to keep physical barriers up in our front desk areas until further notice.
- Our office will no longer pre-screen patients for COVID symptoms as well as the COVID emails. We ask that our staff and patients be honest and call in advance if they are experiencing any symptoms or feeling under the weather.
We appreciate your help and understanding with our decision with sticking to these restrictions. We hope to continue to keep all of our patients safe and healthy. Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty during this process and we look forward to welcoming our patients and friends (without the masks) at full capacity in the near future.